Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hogs Breath

Kaizhi and i went to Hogs Breath at Chijmes...



it wasnt really packed for a public holiday.....



i was here for this...



heard that their prime rib is pretty good and really value for money.

First to come was the Finger Food Combo ($17.95)...



comes with potato skins, buffalo wings, crumbled chicken tenders, salt and pepper dusted calamari.....



i only tried the chicken tenders and the potato skins. Found its taste very average to the extent of forgettable. Definitely not value for money.

Next up was the prime ribs. Opted for the natural flavour and was given the traditional brown sauce by the side....



the thick piece of steak... $32.50 (300g) and $8 extra if u ask for the mega cut...



Done medium rare...



its really a thick and big cut. Satisfied my craving for steak. But found the steak not hot. not that its cold but definitely not hot enuff. Would be much nicer if its abit hotter. Aside from that, no complains! Steak was really tender. Yummy!

for the sides, options was given for french fries, mashed potato or baked potato. another option that was given was vegetables or salad.

After mains, was craving for something sweet to put the meal to a sweet end.

We had an apple crumble (think its around $8.50)...



Their apple crumble is really good! The pastry part goes so so so well with the ice cream. At least i like it. Kaizhi agreed that its good as well.

4 comments:

LiquidShaDow said...

So, you finally went huh? I intend to drop by again someday because I think my old photos are only of the half eaten ones. Lol. I like the one with cheese and green chilli on the top too. Apart from that, the original seems to the best choice. The black sauce prime rib isn't special. It's just salty black sauce which I can't really identify. And BBQ is just way too common an boring for me. Original plain beats BBQ.

Junie said...

lol.. yup, i finally went. i wun mind going back again. but is the steak supposed to be not hot?

wow, u seemed to have tried all the different flavours!

LiquidShaDow said...

I think I've tried all except the one with prawns and the plain one. I have always wanted to just eat one plain, but the cheese is so tempting....hahaha.

It doesn't come hot. I'm not sure why, but I presume because of the duration which they are grilled, it means that they are done in low heat, so it isn't really hot like conventional grill. But that's just my speculation.

Junie said...

i think i'll try the cheese one the next time!