Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Bread from Chinatown (Bangkok)


So after buying some local snacks to bring back home at Chinatown, I couldn’t help notice a small crowd nearby.

And from noticing, I found myself doing the very Singaporean thing -  joining the Q. 

Which coincidentally in one of my group chats today, someone shared the following joke:



Have a laugh 

A plane did an emergency landing on the water. The stewardess wanna let the passengers slide down to the lifeboats but the passengers refused.

The stewardess seek help from the captain The very knowledgeable captain said..

'You tell the Americans this is an ADVENTURE.
Tell the British this is an HONOUR,
Tell the French this is ROMANTIC,
Tell the Germans this is the LAW.
Tell the Japanese this is an ORDER, and all shall be sorted out.'

The stewardess asked awkwardly,
then how about the CHINESE?'

The captain laughed.

'Easy, just tell them it is FREE.'

The stewardess suddenly recalled.
'There are a few SINGAPOREANS!'
The captain patiently explained,
'You need not tell SINGAPOREANS anything, they will follow wherever there is a “Queue.'


So anyway, it merely said “Bread”


I don’t event know if there’s a shop name. But ok!

I tried to follow what the others did. There were pieces of paper where u can apparently write your orders on them and put them in a basket. 


So I did. I actually didn’t even know if the part where I wrote my name June is supposed to be for my name but yeah I submitted and waited, hoping that they know how to read my name.


After waiting for awhile, I eventually figured out that oh, they might have been reading the number on the slip! But I can’t recall my number and even if I did, I would onto 85 in thai! 

Luckily amongst sieving through the slips they found my paper and I think I got a fast track coz the lady just wanted to finish my order and pass it to me.

My box of bread....


Duno who is the ah gong ah ma on the box, probably the founders?

The most interesting of the flavors must be the chilli but I didn’t order.




I would say the butter sugar one was nice. The rest was ok, not sure why the long Q.



No comments: