Thursday, July 16, 2009

Helia

Statue invited Leonard and myself to his company's dinner. I was very excited when he told me it was held at Helia, that restaurant located inside the Botanical Gardens. I've been meaning to visit that place.

the restaurant was not big. in fact the interior seating area was pretty small. But it was a cozy and quiet little place...



the menu for today....



looking at the menu, i luffed because i suddenly recalled how statue tried to persuade me to come for this dinner. i was telling him i dun want to come from work wearing my not pretty uniform and he was persuading me and at the end he said.. " chicken or fish for you mdm? " i somehow just found dat amusing.

the food was served pretty s... l..o....w....l...y.....

first up was the salad... there was avocado and some corn chips and some other greens...



the zesty orange dressing seemed to be lacking in flavour but that was totally fine with me coz im not into orange dressing.

the soup of the day...



i couldnt really taste to tell what cream soup this is but it was not bad. the piece of bread in the middle had some kind of fish paste on it as well so it was quite special.

for mains, i went for the chicken.... miso marinated boneless spring chicken..



i found the chicken pretty normal. not particularly tasty.

and i managed to get statue to do an exchange with me. his fish for my chicken breast. keke..

the miso charred fish...



honestly, i didnt really taste the miso. the fish was decent as well but nothing to wow about.

den it was dessert...



when i saw that the menu wrote young ginger nougat, i whispered to statue and said.. " don't they know a lot of people dun take ginger one? "

but when it came, the whole shape n texture made me want to try it. It looked like icec ream!

it tasted like ice cream! ginger ice cream! and its got nuts inside. the nutty things between the ice cream... all in all it tastes great! very unique!

No comments: