Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Italian - Valentino

I went over for lunch at Valentino by myself.

Valentino by the day...



The interior...



was actually still pretty crowded in the day despite its to out of the way.

The staff were still just as friendly. However, i think i kinda ordered the wrong things today.

The bread was still as nice.. love the spread...



For starters, i ordered a twisted cheese thingy. I thought it sounded interesting...



It does look interesting ya? But i din like it. Was cold, somewhat mashy and tasteless. I was expecting a cheesy or a bitter cheese taste but nope. Was kinda disappointed and i din finish it.

For mains, i was deciding if i wana take the black ink pasta dat lil bee took the previous time or the beef or the lobster pasta in pink sauce or the duck pasta. Since the duck pasta was their special for today (ie. not on menu), i had that. Valentino served me that dish personally...



I wun say its not nice but it was not wat i was expecting. There is this certain lemon taste at first mouth which slowly went away. The duck was not in slices (i thought it would be) but it was minced. The duck had a somewhat mild mutton taste and the pasta was not linguine or spaghetti (which i would prefer). But i still finished it.

Valentino walked past a few times and he smiled at me. He also came over to ask me how i got to know about the place. Told him a friend brought me here and that i was here last week. He seemed surprised that he din see me. I told him i was here for dinner and he was probably too busy. I think Valentino is cute! hee

For dessert, i had panna cotta.



It was really good! Im most satisfied with my dessert today.

I saw some customers ordering this huge wooden plate mountain of beef. Asked the server and i was told it costs $88! Wow.. must go back and try it. But its a shared dish of coz.

No comments: