Monday, June 13, 2016

Esquina

Cynthia offered to buy me a birthday meal at a place of my choice of location so i chose Esquina! 



The place is a rather small place with seats mainly around the kitchen (similar to Burnt Ends or even smaller) but that's really where all the action is! In fact, very therapeutic seeing the chefs at work! And because the things here are all so special, I find myself going ooooOOo ... Or ahhhhh... Or what is that??? 

Like this item...




I would not imagine this is some minced cod fish on the bottom and I think some beet root thingy on the top. It was soooo good!

The Spanish omelette...


A regular item in a Spanish restaurant but done differently by them.

Burrata...


I usually like my burrata as a big smack chunk. Theirs while its in small bite sizes, it's damn good! It's with beetroot and some roasted walnuts. Amazing explosive taste! Love it!

Scallop carpaccio ....


Also really good!

Sea urchin lobster bisque soup...


Let's not even talk about how interestingly it is served, the soup was thick amidst that foam part. It is so damn good!

Roasted cauliflower which is also damn nice!



And what the grilled octopus...



Omg, texture was amazing! The BBQ was just right!

Pork and beef cannelloni...



Very very thin pasta wrapped around in minced beef n pork. Amazing texture!

and Esquina is a very modern take in Spanish food.

I will be back Esquina! Coz u are too good!


Video of part of the meal...




No comments: