Saturday, August 12, 2006

Western - Uberburger

I called Ping jie jie and she agreed to meet up with me. I asked her to join me for Uber Burger.

Uber Burge is located at Millenia Walk...



The interior of the place....



The menu.....



and i'm sure most have heard of their $101 wagyu beef burger...



And yes, i ordered that.

Was sitting around when i saw their dessert sampler flavour.....



theres frangipanni for dessert and stout for ice cream? But no, we didn't try that.

Btw, service at Uber is really bad. Though under the same managament as Corduroy and Finch, the service is totally different. As soon as i entered, there were around 3-4 servers by the counter but non acknowledged me until quite awhile later. I mean even if they were to be busy the least they could do is acknowledge me and ask me to wait.

After i was brought to my seat, no one offered to take my order or to offer me a glass of iced water while i wait. I had quite a hard time trying to get attention to order. Also, long after ping jie jie arrived, no one offered her any iced water either.


anyway, the food i ordered.

As the burgers dun come with any sides except salad, i ordered the swiss brown mushrooms with black pepper....



gotta say this is good. Very tasty and the black pepper blended well with the mushrooms in my view.

and of coz, the Prime Waguy Beef Burger...



Details of the prime wagyu beef burger....



Seriously, didn't find anything to shout about. The foie gras 'surprise' was surprising not very pleasant. Didnt quite like it. If you ask me, i think its definitely not worth the money. Its better spent spending the $101 on wagyu steak or on foie gras seperately. The salad by the side was nice though. It comes with pine nuts.

The second one is a steak tartare....



A more detailed picture of the steak tartare....



its raw. Somewhat too raw for my liking. And the beef was raw yet doesnt come with fresh taste.

Well, the third burger is slightly cheaper (only $6.80). Its the uberbaby sirloin burger....



a closer view of the burger....



This baby is in ping jie jie's view the nicest. What an irony.

The whole meal cost me $168. We didnt finish the tartare steak.

2 comments:

LiquidShaDow said...

The sirlion burger is $6.80 only?

Junie said...

yes, only $6.80 but nothing fantastic.