Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Healthy - Lei Cha

I decided to head down to Geylang to buy Lei Cha. Its supposed to be a Hakka dish. I'm a hakka! But i've never tried it before!

Its located at Geylang Lor 19.

and there.. Hakka Lei Cha!



The auntie was very nice. She asked if i was buying it for the first time and she clearly explained how i should eat it. She even gave me a namecard. They even have a website!


I bought 2 packs home. One for myself and one for Ping jie jie who's been dying to try it as well.

According to the auntie, i was to add hot water to the greenish sauce (consists of mint and i cant remember she told me wat ingredients) to dilute it.



Den being a first timer, i shouldnt pour the whole sauce over my rice. I should dip it bit by bit. If im not wrong the green sauce is the Cha ie. tea. The smell is not exactly very appetising but very special.

The rice wise, its really very very filled with tons and tons of vege!



So much dat i can barely find the rice underneath. haha... But its very filling! The taste is alright. Edible i would say. According to the auntie, its supposed to be good for health n complexion and i cant remember wat if u eat it regularly. Woo~

No comments: