Thursday, March 17, 2016

Stellar

Had the honour of having lunch with Chef Chris Millar at Stellar...


When I think of Stellar, I cannot help but think of the lobster risotto they have. Super good.

Today, I went for the set lunch and chef also ordered a charcoal loaf...



It was so so so so good. Blog readers will know, I find bread a waste of my stomach storage space and if I do eat the bread, it must really be good. I had 3 slices! It was really good. I spread it with the butter and it was fragrant at every bite! Still missing it now!

We were also offered little bite size canapés from the chef...


For my starter, I opted for a pesto soup...


It was served with two clams in the soup plate and with the soup poured in.


The soup was very interesting. I mean, we typically have pesto with pasta or maybe with bread but first time I'm having it with a soup. I think it's quite unique and I really quite liked the taste.

My other starter was the foie gras pate...


The pate was yummy too!

For mains, I went with the chef's recommendation of the pork even thou I usually go for beef. Thank god I did that coz the pork is indeed very tender!!



It was really good. Each piece is a relatively thick cut, the way I like it. Every mouthful was really good!

Wonderful lunch!


No comments: