Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lao Beijing

Was intending to head home after work and concuss but Cynthia happened to call and i managed to extort a meal and a cab ride home from her. haha

She's so good, came all the way down to Novena to give me a treat den pay for my cab ride back home. hehe... love u lots *blush*

We went for dinner at Lao Beijing and ordered a table full of dishes....

My Cynthia...



and for that anonymous who left a tag on my food blog, Cynthia is the only one who has offered me a marriage proposal... and she always reminds me how much so loves me and even promised me a private property when she makes a it big (haha)... so theres a possibility i'll marry her. Hope that answers your question. hahaha...

Cynthia did the ordering.

the menu...



The drunken chicken..



a closer up view...



served chilled and its pretty good. the alcohol taste is pretty strong. And Cynthia said she knows its nice so she specially ordered it for me to try. *melts*

the beijing duck...



a closer up view...



cynthia was just in the mood to indulge and dine i guess. haha.. but i didnt find the duck good. the skin was crispy but not very crispy. and the duck didnt look fresh. Looked more like it was cooked many hours ago and probably presliced.

we also shared a za jiang mian...



this was not too bad. the noodle texture was quite soft.

the xiao long bao...



it was quite a portion. But the skin wasnt very thin.. and the fillings also was not very tasty. Would prefer ding tai feng and crystal jade's one over this.

some melon sharks fins soup...



the soup was pretty good. it was flavoursome.

the meal came up to around $60 odd. thank cute sweetie!

No comments: