Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Da Paolo

After our movie, i was craving for Tiramisu! and i immediately recalled Lionel's blog entry about Da Paolo's Tiramisu. what's more, its also in a similar lunch box just like it was in the movie. I whined a little and my dear Joseph was so sweet and nice to drive me down to Holland Village! hehe...

When we got there, it was already around 9.30 pm. I was so upset to see Da Paolo's Gastronomia closed. Just as i was pouting and joseph was saying .. " let's find somewhere else to get u ur tiramisu ... ", i saw.....



and i immediately went... " stop stop! go stunt go stunt!! there's a da paolo here ".... and yes, just a few units away, there really is a Da Paolo restaurant! hee... and so we parked the car and headed down to enquire if they sell the same tiramisu from Da Paolo Gastronomia. I guess i had an amusing I-WANT-TIRAMISU look written over my face.. the friendly server started chatting up with me and i admitted to him dat i suddenly had the cravings for tiramisu after catching the movie so we specially came down for it. haha.. and the friendly server was telling me that Da Paolo's Gastronomia closes at 9 pm everyday.

My tiramisu...



it costs $10. Joseph's treat! Thank cute!

When we opened it in the car, we almost couldnt wait to dig in! but we couldnt coz there was no spoon. haha.. anyway, eventually we did manage to try it. i tried first and i was .. disappointed. And Joseph was saying i shouldnt have tried it before him and gave such an expression. Especially not after we specially drove all the way down to Holland Village for it. =p But it really wasnt very nice what...... Maybe its nice but i didnt like it this way. It was slightly sour so i didnt like it. But seeing that Lionel gave such a good review on it, im wondering if the drive caused it to turn sour... though it was only a rather short drive.. im planning to give it a 2nd chance!

No comments: