Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Nara Thai (Bangkok)


Dinner with an associate and we went to try Nara Thai. Apparently Nara Thai is quite popular and they do have an outlet in Singapore (located at Ion) but the standards are worlds apart. Obviously, it is rumoured that the Bangkok one is like heavenly good whilst the SG one is earthly normal. 

I am here to affirm it today!

We headed to Central World...




My thai associate recommended the lemon grass drink. What I like about their lemongrass aside from the flavour is that the sugar syrup is on the side for your self desired level....




I vaguely recall trying the butterfly pea rice in sg (and I recall it was pretty tasteless) but the one here is pretty good!




The butterfly pea rice is very fragrant with slight onion/scallion taste with crunchy cashews on the side. 

Green curry...




The green curry is thick and flavourful. In fact slight spicy! But so good!

Fried shrimp paste....



It was not bad, likely good by many people's standards. I personally prefer it to have a stronger prawn texture than a mashed up texture. 

Tom yum soup!






Nicely flavoured Tom yum soup. With surprising 2 prawns split into 4. 

Also shared a green curry fried rice which was also very flavourful. At this point, I sort of wonder if our +sixty six chef in sg used to be from here! So glad we have a good authentic thai food in SG!




Pandan chicken was also tender and nicely charred!






I can understand now why so many people like Nara Thai!


















































No comments: