Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mon Bijou

A quick lunch at Mon Bijou, one of my favourite cafes in town. I love it for how they are in town yet away from all the buzz. Importantly, they serve really good comfort food that warms any day!

I don't know about you but each and every time I visit any cafe, I will vision myself drinking a hot cuppa coffee but people who know me know that I don't take anything w/o ice. Like seriously. Even for any medication if I can help it, it's iced. I know it's not good, you aren't the first person to give me that frown and please spare me the lecturing haha I already know all the cons! 


Anyway yeah, warm cuppa vision coz the iced ones usually just don't look as nice. So I forgo the instagram worthy pic of a warm cuppa for my iced latte but it arrived surprisingly instagram worthy looking too!





And it was good! The latte was thick enough for me and sugar syrup is given on the side for your own desired level.


And did u see that salted egg shiok thingy behind too? It's apparently one of their promo dish (which I saw only after ordering my favourites). But it seems there's some campaign if u take a picture of it and post it on social media and tag them with their hashtag too, u may get to win a trip to Japan!


And that's not all!






That 1 for 1 promo looks so inviting!! In fact, prices wise I will say they are already quite reasonably priced! And did I mention they have plush comfy sofa seats?


To start, the beef salad!








With an oozing poached egg, yummy beef slices and hash brown bits topped on a bed of spinach. I love this. Today's beef taste a bit different from the past thou. But overall it's still good.


Garden mushroom pasta...




Comfort food as usual! It's good! Yummy creamy pasta with chunks of mushroom topped with cheese! 


And of course, the French toast is a must order!










Each piece is nicely crusted on the sides yet soft and moist on the inside. The almond and pistachio nut on the top adds to the texture, it's just super good!
































No comments: