Thursday, August 31, 2006

Italian - Menotti

Dinner is at Menotti at Raffles City...



Apparently Menotti is under the chain of Garibaldi restaurants.

I tried calling to make reservations but i was told they only accept reservations of 4 or more pax. Worried that we might not be able to get a table, i went there as early as 6 pm to chop seats. The restaurant was quite quiet at that time. The interior of the restaurant...









the menu....



Ordered an apple juice ($4) while waiting for Jeffrey....



the restaurant started to get packed after Jeffrey arrived....



we ordered a crab cake starter to share ($14)...



the inside of the crab cake....



Its actually called Crocchette. Its crab cakes with orange and basil mayo. Its really good. i love the taste of the crab meat. A tad bit on the saltish side but i like it that way.

Ordered the spinach and crab soup ($8)...



Find it a slight bit blend for my liking.

For mains i had a risotto ($18.90)....



its with seafood and lobster bisque. The taste was not bad but the seafood portion felt quite little as compared to the rice.

Ravioli ($16.90)....



its black pasta stuffed with cod in cream and saffron sauce.

The filling..



I found the ravioli ok. Jeffrey liked it. I don't quite like saffron sauces to begin with but i really found the ravioli quite ok.

For dessert, Jeffrey had a catalana ($5.90)....



It is actually creme brulee baked with cherries. Its very light and very smooth. Very good.

I had a Cannoli ($5.90)...



this was recommended by the server. Its a tube shaped chocolate pastry stuffed with ricotta cheese, citrus fruits and pistachio nuts....



The taste was not bad.

Overall the food all tasted not bad. Service was really good especially the lady who recommended us the dessert. She is the one who really makes us want to head back there again.

4 comments:

LiquidShaDow said...

I had the Crocchette at Riciotti before. They should be exactly the same since it's run by Garibaldi Group. I must say they are the best crab cakes I've had.

The squid ink ravioli looks interesting...I think I shall try it if when I visit.

I'm having a blast reading your Italian food places entries. I like Italian. ;)

Junie said...

Yes, love the crab cakes! heh..

i found the squid ink ravioli just alright.

hey! im beginning to love italian as well. If u like italian, go try valentino!!

LiquidShaDow said...

As soon as I find out how to make my way there, I will. :)

I have an entry on Riciotti from my visit recently.
http://smallpotatoesmakethesteaklookbigger.blogspot.com/2006/09/riciotti-italian-deli-and-pastry.html

Junie said...

Yes, have read ur entry on riciotti. The crab cakes look the same. :thumbs up: