Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Nam Hwa Chiang Fish Head Steamboat

Dar dar and Andy zai to come pick me up for dinner at Nam Hwa Chiang Fish Head Steamboat....



this place is located very near Aljunied MRT station. In fact, its right outside the station. I've heard many different friends telling me about it since its so near my place but i've never tried it myself.

We were first served the sauces...



Aside from the normal red chilli and soya sauce, they also have this vinegar sauce with chopped garlic that so very very nice. I like it very much. Its sour and adds alot of taste even to white rice.

And check out the number of steamboats...



Meaning business today was really good. We wait 1 whole hour for our food to arrive!!

first to arrive was the pig intestine..



dar said for a small plate like this, it costs around $6! Expensive! But this was really good. It was tasty and it was clean.

Next was the tasteless preserved vegetables...



initially, i thot it might haf tasted tasteless coz i just had milk tea but even dar dar and andy zai tried it and agreed its tasteless. Not saltish at all.

finally, after along wait the star of today arrived...



The ang go li fish head steamboat...



my bowl of it...



i found the soup not bad but not good enuff to make me wait an hour. Probably if the wait was shorter. But overall it was ok. Considering i've not had any fish head steamboat before, there was no basis of comparison. Understand from Andy zai that they haf other fish promphet and song fish head. I think if i go back the next time i'll try the other fish.

The whole meal came up to about $38.

Oh.. but if u dine here, be prepared ur tops might kena all the charcoal dust and the place can get pretty warm. With the steamboat, its practically sweating it all out.

3 comments:

fatpig said...

There are 2 stalls in Balestier that serve good fish head steamboat. Can't remember the names though. Ka Soh at Amoy St serves good fish head bee hoon :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Junie, is it possible for me to get your email address?

DX

Anonymous said...

Hi again, actually i'm the new branch manager for Geylang branch. I wish to contact you for some survey. By the way, please do not show my comments as i only wanna do some survey from you. (for this and previous comments.) You can contact me at lin_dingxiang@hotmail.com.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Dx