Saturday, June 03, 2006

Fine Dining - Broth

Dinner treat at Broth...

We were first served bread and butter....



Jeffrey loved the bread and butter from Broth. So much so that we even got lil bee to find out what brand is the butter. Jeffrey said the butter chi jia liu xiang! hahhaa...

Next, lil bee came to us with 2 glasses of champagne... He said.. " Champagne is for celebrations "



I like that verse!

But like me, Jeffrey is not an alcoholic person.. so he asked for a glass of cranberry...



and out came our starters...



we ordered goose liver which is foie gras... hehe.. seeing dat name already brings a certain organsmic feel.. lol..

we also ordered the baby spinach with portobello which is quite a signature starter dish at Broth. I've tried it before .. i found it ok but i was pretty sure Jeffrey would like it.



true enuff, as expected, he did! heh...

And lil bee probably knows how much i love lobster bisque.. today's soup of the day was seafood broth and lil bee brought a bowl for me...



It smelled like lobster bisque but its clear with lobster cubes ... nice!

and for our mains...



I ordered their pasta for the day which was black ink pasta with beef slices cooked in aglio olio style... it was good!

Jeffrey ordered the lamb... i usually dun like mutton or lamb but i remember Ren Pei telling me before dat he, like me doesnt like lamb but he tried Broth's and he loved it. So i stole a small mouth from Jeffrey.. it was very tender and true enuff, it din haf dat super strong mutton taste.. it was really very nice. I think mutton lovers should try it!

And going to Broth, how can we miss out the desserts? I love love love the sticky date pudding from Broth and lil bee koes it.

But he really surprised me when he came out with my order of the sticky date....



Yes, he added a candle and got the chef to write " Happy Birthday June " with chocolate..



What a heart warming beautiful sight!

Jeffrey chose chocolate creme brulee as his dessert....



It came wif some pear alcoholic drink dats supposed to be finished after the dessert.. the chocolate creme brulee was quite good..

No comments: